Free consultations with the personal injury team at Auger Hollingsworth are a great way to get your legal questions answered. Here’s a quick overview of what to expect, and what to bring with you.
What should I expect during a free consultation?
At the initial client meeting, the personal injury lawyer will ask you some questions about how the accident happened, tell you about the limitation period, and get an overview of what you have been through since the time of your accident.
You’ll be asked about the insurance coverage, your dealings with the insurance company and about the medical treatment you’ve received to date.
To help make the most of your appointment, we suggest you bring the following items:
- Any documents you have received from, or sent to, an insurance company related to your claim.
- Copies of any police reports you have.
- Copies of any medical reports you have.
- Contact information and insurance policy numbers or claim numbers if you have them.
- A list of any medical specialists you have seen.
- A list of your medications and current therapies.
If you don’t have all these items readily available, no problem! But if you do, bring them along.
What will I learn during a free consultation?
We’ll tell you about the claim process, and give you some options for how you should proceed with your case. What you will not be told is exactly what your case is worth. If a lawyer ever tries to tell you an exact number, be wary. There is no way to know what a case is worth until a lawyer has seen your medical file and until they how much you will recover.
Have an injury you’d like to discuss with our team? Give our offices a call at 613-233-4529 and ask about our free, no-obligation consultations.