How do you get accident benefits and when do you hire a lawyer after a collision?

In this segment of a 3-part interview between personal injury lawyer Brenda Hollingsworth and CTV Morning Live, Brenda explains how you apply for statutory accident benefits after an accident.  If you are involved in an accident in Ontario, you are entitled to accident benefits, even if you do not have your own car insurance policy.

Brenda also describes when you should consider hiring a lawyer:

  • If you have injuries that are not getting better.
  • If you have been off work for more than 2 months due to your injuries.
  • If you have a fracture.
  • If you are retired but can no longer do your regular activities of daily living.

If you would like the help of a personal injury lawyer after a motor vehicle accident, call our law firm for a no fee, free appointment at 613 233-4529.

What to do after a motor vehicle accident in Ontario

This week, personal injury lawyer Brenda Hollingsworth was interviewed on CTV Morning Live about what steps you should take after a car accident.  If you were a passenger, driver, pedestrian or cyclist, the number one priority should always be getting to safety and seeking medical attention.

Watch as Brenda describes these important steps in this video.

Brenda encourages people who are in an accident to phone the police and try to get them to attend the scene.  She encourages people not to leave the scene of the accident without the pertinent information from the other drivers involved.  She also encourages you to try to get photos of the position of the vehicles before they are moved.

If you need assistance after a motor vehicle collision, contact Auger Hollingsworth at 613 233-4529.