How to Get Accident Benefits after the Ottawa Bus – Train Accident

Callers have been asking how to obtain statutory accident benefits after the bus accident at Woodroffe and Fallowfield on September 18, 2013.

If you have your own car insurance, or live with a family member who has car insurance, call that insurance company to report the accident.  Request that the insurance company send you the Application Package for statutory accident benefits.  Even people with very minor injuries can apply for these benefits and they will not impact your insurance rates.

If you do not have access to car insurance through your own policy or a family member’s policy, the City of Ottawa’s insurance on its buses will provide you with accident benefits.   To obtain the Application Package from the City of Ottawa you can call 3-1-1.  You can also find the documents at this website.  Complete the OCF-1 and submit it to the Clerk of the City of Ottawa to initiate your claim.

If you need assistance with this process, please do not hesitate to contact us at 613 860-4529.  Our firm will provide guidance to bus accident victims with no obligation or cost.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

  • Auger Hollingsworth Personal Injury Lawyers representing injured people in Ottawa, Smiths Falls, Perth, Cornwall, Kingston, Renfrew, Lanark, Pembroke, Petawawa and Hawksbury, Toronto, Peterboroght, L'Orignal. Note: This Website Provides Information but not legal advice. Contact a lawyer for legal advice about your case. Every case is different.
  • Mailing Address: 1443 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K2G 1W1 | Downtown Office: 304 O'Connor Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1V7
    Copyright © 2010-2019 Auger Hollingsworth, Ottawa Injury Lawyers - Beers Design

    Contact us today for a free, no obligation consultation about your personal injury legal needs.
    Please enter the code shown below: